Rensselaerville Library
celebrates National Poetry Month 2024 . . .

Today's Poem!

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Wonderland . . . or Alice's Rabbit

by Francine Farina

Tick Tock . . . Tick Tock
Down the rabbit hole
I go

Falling in darkness 
Then landing with 
a thud

I open bleary eyes 
and see him
He wears a vest
and is all white 

He is looking 
at a watch,
twitching his whiskers 
and keeps repeating 
"I'm late, I'm late, oh
dear I shall be late!"

~

Francine is a local poet who has been published in Misfit Magazine and Caregiver Magazine. She has also authored a collection of poetry, Old Bones, which is available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. She co-authored a novel with the late Shawn M Tomlinson entitled Time Book 16, Cataclysm. She lives in Amsterdam, NY, and shares her home with three adorable rescue cats.

2 comments: